Wednesday, March 2, 2016

What I ate Wednseday: Best Nachos Ever! - the Recipe

The name says it all, 
BEST NACHOS EVER!

Sweet Potato Nachos


I saw a recipe when cruising healthy meals on Uncle google and I came across a real beauty, of course I had to change it up and make it mine!

I was a bit skeptical of this as I have never had it nor had I made it but the photo looked great and I liked all the ingredients on it so I figured why not?

INGREDIENTS:

2 pounds of sweet potato - sliced 1/4" thick
2 tblsp (veg oil)
chili powder
garlic
salt 

cheddar cheese - we used jalapeno cheddar
 tomato diced
green onions
red onions - diced

sour cream - optional
salsa - home made


 I thought this would not be enough for 2 of us -recipe originally says serves 6,  but it was just right - i think it was meant as an appetizer which would be fine but this was dinner damn it!

Start off washing the sweet potato then slice and place in mixing bowl.
Toss with oil then season accordingly. 

Spread out on foil on baking sheet making sure there is no overlapping pieces. - CRUCIAL
Bake at 375 for about 15 mins then flip over pieces and bake for another 15 mins or until crispy (repeat flipping if needed) 
(I did not spread out enough and this process took almost an hour because of it)

When crispy begin to layer pieces on a baking sheet with cheese,  
Bake in oven for about 5 - 8 mins until cheese is melted

Then add onions, tomatoes, ground beef, cajun chicken, ground Mexican Veggie "beef", avocado or whatever toppings you want to add and return to oven for 2 mins. 

Remove from oven and eat with salsa and sour cream; sharing is up to you!
















No comments:

Post a Comment