Sunday, February 7, 2016

2016 So far; The February Recap: Goals Update


Well, we are over a month into this journey and I thought I would give you all an update on my progress by reviewing some of my goals I had set for this year:

My Goals for 2016 - (and if i don't reach them all its okay there is always another time when I can)

  1. Polar Bear Swim - January 1st is ideal time for this.  I am very proud of this and look forward to doing it again in 2017!
  2. Start a regular published V-log about my weight-loss struggle - ( I believe that my story can inspire others and help me see myself and who i am and how my negative thinking affects me. by recognizing this I hope to change this.)        I have 3 or 4 videos now on my youtube page
  3. Not cave in  when it comes to meal choices - (there are 4 adults in my house and I usually eat whatever the consensus is even when i know it is not healthy.)  I have been doing well on this but there is always room for improvement
  4. Be more an active participant in my life - I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines
  5. Get regular exercise. ( I would like to join Pure Gym this year when i have some spare cash - Pure is essentially open 24/7)   I have made specific time when at work to go for a walk around the shop every hour and I have joined Pure Gym and Juicery in Penticton
  6. Celebrate my victories - ( i am humble with my current victories as I am knowing/feeling there is a failure coming soon)   I have been trying hard to celebrate all my small victories and have recieved wonderful support from so many great people giving me encouragement. Thank you for all your messages and strength!
  7. Be a better husband to my wife. ( I let my stress and depression come out in a negative way and let it creep out with sarcasm and passive aggressiveness)
  8. Do more things that I would usually pass on from being insecure and afraid. 

So obviously I have kicked butt in crossing off some things from my list so I am starting a new revised list:

Revised Goals February 2016 (to include previous goals) - some are more of a long term type goal but they are all still attainable with some hard work and persistence.
  1. Be more of an active participant in my own life
  2. Be a better husband to my wife by being less sarcastic and more open to how I am feeling.
  3. Do more things that I would usually pass on from being insecure and afraid.
  4. Be less than 400 pounds
  5. Be less than 300 pounds 
  6. Be less than 200 pounds
  7. Hit my step count of 10,000 a day 5 or more times a week
  8. Average 60000 steps a week or more 
  9. Be a regular at my local gym (3 to 5 days a week on average)
  10. Buy clothes at a "normal" store 
  11. Not need a Sleep Apnea machine
  12. Join a fun league sports team for spring / summer
  13. Join a fun league sports team for fall / winter
  14. Become a jogger (can't believe I just wrote that!)
  15. Do a Disney Marathon with my lovely wife Tabitha
  16. Take up MMA/kickboxing/boxing type of sport 
  17. Inspire others by my story and have my story help them achieve dramatic weightloss in a healthy way
  18. Have 1000+ followers of my blog and Vlog each
  19. Do a photo diary of my weightloss transformation
  20. Have a regular trainer that I see every week ( at least once )
Well this should hold firm for the next little bit, though I expect to cross off a couple items this month, which I am very excited to do! 


How are you doing with your 2016 goals? 
If you have fallen don't worry, tomorrow is a new day and there is no reason to stop trying! Just pick yourself up, analyze where mistakes were made and learn from them and carry on forward. You got this! I got this We got this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment