Sunday, February 22, 2015

Spring into it..

Happy Sunday to all!

So here we are again, another week has gone by and more steps in the journey continue.

This week flew by fast, and during this time I kept my weightloss goal in mind. Though there were a couple days where the food choices may have been questionable however I tried to stay true despite the flubs.
I have felt that my clothes fit a bit better this week but it can be so disheartening looking at the bigger picture of knowing there is so much more to go. Sometimes I get lost in the thought that it is pointless. That I missed my chance when I had lost the weight before but did not have a maintenance plan in place to maintain the weight loss.
In case you did not know; in late 2003 I had decided that enough was enough, that on January 1st 2004 I would start a new life. I was inspired by Dr. Phil and his "new" show (i think that was his second or 3rd season) and i was scared when I realized that when I lay down to sleep that I could feel the pressure on my neck and thus my breathing was different.
I was living in Nimpo Lake, a world away from this one; a remote part of BC up on the Chilcotin plateau on the way to Bella Coola. I had bought the book Ultimate Weightloss Solution, began walking everyday out on the frozen lake, a half hour at first, ( a half hour in one direction before heading back) then slowly built it up to an hour (2 hours total).
I received plenty of encouragement from my employers Donn and Pyllis Irwin as well as the locals living on the lake. Over time the pounds shed, and shed quite regularly, from 3 - 7 pounds a week with the occasional 10 - 12 pounds. When I did plateau I changed up my routine and it dropped off again. within 6 months i had lost nearly 100 pounds within a year i had lost 160 pounds! At that point I was addicted to my 6 days a week exercising; addicted to my routine of healthy choices and loved my cheat day too! On cheat day I could have ANYTHING I wanted, and believe me I DID! I had potato chips and dip for breakfast with pop (diet of course!) and just whatever I wanted, and I still lost the weight! I could finally go into any store and try on a size 38/40 jeans! Holy Hell! It had been about 18 years or more since that was possible, I was a L not XL or XXL or any other letters!
I eventually moved back to the coast (skipping the dark ages story) and fully immersed myself in the world of Chef and opening up a new restaurant / pub. My focus became work and as usual I put work ahead of myself; my creative side flourished and my weight represented and reflected it. It was the start of my fall, and while I kept saying "it is just a few extra pounds, i will lose it no worries..."
 
2003


2013

 
2013


 
2009

 
2009

 
2012

 
2013

 
2007

Sorry but I don't have any pics from when I lost the weight :(

By the time I met Tabitha, I had gained almost 100 pounds again and still living in denial and yet the weight just kept coming on. Now here I am in need of losing over 50% of my body weight. I wish I hadn't wasted my efforts from before; but now here I am 10 years older, 200+ pounds heavier and struggling yet again. If when I lose this weight I realize now that its about maintaining the lifestyle, it is about changing my life from the inside out, not just mentally but physically.
As I said in a previous blog, I have so many dreams of when I lose this weight, but it all depends on changing and maintaining what I am. I want will be a golfer, a curler, a bowler, a beer league baseball player, a runner, a Disney marathoner, a swimmer, a .. whatever I want to do to be active. I am making myself a priority and in turn an inspiration to myself and hopefully one day to others. Change is never easy, the process can be hard but the results will be worth it.
2001

I truly find logging my journey and this struggle helpful. I am sure the more I continue and work through these struggles the more I will log and share, small steps to a long term goal.

 wish you all the strength to find your journey and forge the path that is meant for you; remember that I am here and going through challenges too; so if you need some motivation just know your not alone!

Blessings to you all!










No comments:

Post a Comment