Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Music Motivates the Movement

I was reading a post from someone who has an account I follow and she was looking for ideas for her Vlog; https://www.youtube.com/user/blueeyedbetty , understandably posting any blogs or vlogs can be tiresome as sometimes it feels I feel like I am beating a dead horse saying the same thing in different ways which is why lately my subject matter is a bit more of the smaller tips and thoughts that drive me and inspire me. So when I was responding to the post I mentioned maybe doing a Vlog on her music that pushes her through her workouts and I thought damn.. that is a great idea for me as well!

Image result for workout music memes

Music for many people helps improve focus and concentration when battling against time or boredom. Music also can affect our moods, it can comfort us when sad and it can energize us when we need to wake up. Music through the ages has been known to reach someone's soul or come from the soul, it can tell a story of life love and loss, music without words can speak to any one no matter their nationality and over come all language barriers. So music comes as no surprise that it is a big motivator when at the gym working out. 

Image result for hard rock workout music mix

For me when you find that right mix of songs and musical beat I come alive. My drive increases, I am not watching the clock so much and I truly enjoy my workouts more. For me as I consider myself more of an 80s child (though born in '73) I have always been big on good hard guitar style rock but when I look back at the musical choices for going to the gym they just don't fire me up enough for my workout. I find myself listening to a lot of Hard Rock music (though in the 80s I think a lot of it would be considered metal).

Image result for hard rock music mix

On my playlists I have a mix of of:
Five Finger Death Punch
Halestorm
Nothing More
A Perfect Circle
Disturbed
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Adelitas Way
Sixx AM
Bif Naked
Rage Against The Machine
Queen
Papa Roach
GodSmack
Faith No More
White Zombie / Rob Zombie
Danko Jones
Motley Crue
Limp Bizkit
Default
Dorothy
Image result for workout music meme
I am always creating and adding new playlists as I don't want the music to get stale with me and lose that energy that I have been getting so constantly creating is important to me. If you feel like your workouts are getting a bit stale and that your motivation when at the gym is dropping try making a new play list it will help do wonders!

Image result for workout music


No comments:

Post a Comment